Friday, April 28, 2017

How 3DP Created a New Friendship

I have a love affair with 3DP. It fascinates me and puts my imagination into overdrive. It's also a great conversation starter. 

I was picking up my mail from the P.O. Box, when lo and behold my beautiful 3DP project (thanks Shapeways) was tucked away. 
(Shapeways is a 3DP bureau https://www.shapeways.com)

My excited squeals caused a few whiplashed heads and funny looks. 

The man standing next to me, turned and stared for a few minutes with a bewildered look on his face. At that moment it was a bit awkward and I felt myself fumbling for the right words. 

Slowly, raising my right I blurted out, "It's here! My 3D printing project arrived from Shapeways. Ahhh, would you like to see it?"

Silence... 

Then, curious George Cody answered "sure." 

We moved over to the desk area as I started unwrapping my package. I was nervous and my anticipation grew as my 3DP house became visible.

I removed it from the plastic and handed it over to Cody. He was intrigued and he asked about the process and how easy it was to make. He even joked around saying he would give it a try and create a small object for his son's upcoming birthday. Then he would move on to creating something bigger. 

He'd heard about 3D printing through the grapevine, but not close up. We chatted for about 20 minutes at the Post Office, then we decided to head over to Starbucks for coffee. 

We talked about 3DP for 2 hours...
Yessss!! Two full hours. 

Long story short. 

Cody and I bonded and we're now friends. 

Two weeks later, Cody and I met up at Starbucks to see his projects. He'd made some small name chains for his entire family and a special fidget toy for his son. I was impressed and Cody was excited. 

3DP is such a great way to express and share your inner creativity. 

Are you ready for this creative and explosive technology? We've come a longggg way...3DP is in - THE NOW!




No comments: